Saturday, May 22, 2010

Special Things That Happen!

I don't know why I only post about special things. But there was an everyday thing that happened today that ended up being a special thing for me. I made the kids a chore list last night and they asked for extra chores to earn some money. They did that last week also and didn't feel like doing the extra chores then so I was prepared for the same thing today. Instead I woke up this morning to hear little dishes clinking in the sink and the dryer door shutting in the laundry room. I had to get up to investigate. This is what I found. Two kids that were working hard on their list and were mad that I caught them in the act. They worked for HOURS today to get this list done.
Now don't call child service on me but here was the list. Laundry, Bathrooms, Vacuum, Dishes, Shoe Closet, Mirrors, Scrub the tile floors, Basement, Room, Change Sheets, Bring towel and mats from bathrooms up to wash and last but not least pick up all their own stuff in the house.
I know it seems like a lot but they wanted to earn extra $$$$ so they did every last thing.

The best part was that I didn't even have to ask them or fight with them to do it. P.S. they didn't fight with each other either. I know CRAZY but I wish that every Saturday morning went like this. I love my kids they are great and I wouldn't trade them for the world.


2 comments:

Julie said...

So how much did you pay them?

Dayna said...

Child labor...SHAME SHAME! LOL!